Grafana is a standard tool for metrics visualization in all spheres. InfluxDB is a standard tool for collecting performance test results.
The development of Grafana is a common and relevant task. Someone calls this a report, someone a datamart, but anyway you should know how to prepare Grafana dashboard.
By updating the Grafana dashboard for Gatling tool we were able to successfully solve various technical tasks. Decisions were complex but beautiful.
Vyacheslav composed a collection of recipes for forming the Grafana dashboard 6.5.2 (current) for InfluxDB 1.7 (current) using only standard Grafana components and InfluxDB functions:
- metrics filtering;
- filtering filters by time and by other filters and tags;
- applying optional filters to data that doesn't have the required tags;
- selection of default values for aggregate functions with an empty data set;
- using Grafana variables to store intermediate values in InfluxDB calculations;
- creating summary tables with the help of Grafana Table Panel;
- setting the output order of columns in tables;
- applying styles to summary table rows based on a tag, not value;
- displaying grouped metrics on graphs and tables;
- filling voids in discharged data and for different granularity;
- and other unobvious moments of work with InfluxDB and Grafana.
Talk level is difficult, for practicing engineers.